In order to view a chargeback case, you first search for and select a case, then review its details. By searching cases, you can generate a list of cases and then select a case to review. You search for cases using the Case List page.
Cases can be searched using either:
- Default search criteria
- “Pre-defined views”
Using default search criteria
The default option enables the user to specify a value for each of the search fields available. This option is selected by default when the page is accessed. To create a list of cases to work on, follow these steps:
- Click “Chargebacks” on the RAM Menu to display the chargeback handling menu
- Click “Case List” to display the Case List
- From the “Status” drop-down list, select the status of the cases you want to list. The initial status is set either on the Chargeback User Admin page or on the Edit Profile page. To list cases independent of their status select All. A “Status” of All or Closed requires that the “Posting Date – Start” and “End” fields are
- In the “Posting Date – Start” field, enter the initial posting date from which to list cases. The default posting dates are dependant on the default case status for the user. If the user initial case status is Closed or All then the default “Posting Date” range is set to the current institution posting date (CPD), otherwise, the default “Posting Date” range is empty. A “Status” of All or Closed requires that this field is populated, otherwise it can be left
- In the “End” field, enter a final posting date up to which to list cases. A “Status” of All or Closed requires that this field is populated, otherwise it can be left blank If the “Posting Date – Start: End” fields are populated, only cases whose latest incoming transaction posting date is between the period specified are
- (Optional) In the “Due date” field, enter the due date of cases to Only cases whose due date matches the entered day are listed. The due date is the latest date by which the case must be worked. This date is calculated based on the central processing date of the retrieval request or chargeback transaction, plus the card network time frame for the incoming transaction reason code, minus a specified number of days configured for the institution.
- (Optional) Enable the “Doc. Received” check box to list only cases that have received documentation through Visa Resolve Online (VROL) or
- From the “Show hidden” drop-down list, select whether you want hidden cases to be listed. By default, cases that are not hidden cases are
- From the “Transaction Kind” drop-down list, select which kind of incoming transactions to list. To list all incoming transactions, select All (this is the default). If a transaction kind is selected, an institution and posting date range must also be specified. Transaction Kinds for a list of the kinds of
- From the “Card Network” drop-down list, select the case’s card network to list. To list all card networks, select All (this is the default).
- (Optional) In the “Reason Code” field, enter a card network reason Only cases that match the entered reason code are listed.
- (Optional) In the “Cardholder No.” field, enter a card number. Only cases that match the entered card number are
- (Optional) In the “ARN” field, enter an Acquirer Reference Number (ARN). Only cases that match the entered ARN are
- (Optional) In the “Case ID” field, enter a case If there is a case that matches the entered case ID and the case can be accessed by the user who is logged on, then it is listed. The case ID is an OmniPay system generated 14 digits long number, which uniquely identifies a case.
- (Optional) In the “Merchant ” field, enter a client number (internal merchant number) or external merchant number. Only cases related to the entered merchant or merchant’s group are listed. If the user has a merchant number assigned, the assigned number is displayed by default.
- (Optional) From the “Institution” drop-down list, select an Only cases that match the selected institution are listed. The default value is the default institution of the user who is logged on. Select the All option to list cases independent of their institution.
- (Optional) From the “Last Merchant Action” drop-down list, select an action. The default action is All. Only cases whose last taken merchant action matches the selected merchant action are
- (Optional) From the “User Merchant Action” drop-down list, select a user. The default user is If a user is selected, only cases whose Last Merchant Action was performed by the selected user are listed. A “(T)” will be shown next to the user name if the user status is Terminated.
- (Optional) From the “Work By Date” field, select a date by which cases should be actioned. It is possible to sort the Case List results by the “Work By Date”.
- From the “Assigned To” drop-down list, select a user Only cases that are assigned to the selected user name are listed. A “(T)” will be shown next to the user name if the user status is Terminated. The behaviour of this drop-down list depends on the “Chargeback user” property of the user who is logged on.
- From the “Limit Results” drop-down list, specify the maximum number of rows to list. By default the value Max 50 Records is selected; to see all available cases select the No Max
- From the “Sort Order” drop-down list, specify the sorting order for the list. By default the list is sorted in descending order by work by
- A “Case Category” drop-down is populated with the appropriate values for the selected institution in the “Institution” drop-down list. If All is selected as the institution, the “Case Category” drop-down will only have the All
- Click the “Search” The cases that match the specified criteria are listed. If no cases match the criteria, an error message is displayed on the top of the Case List page.
Viewing the chargeback case list
The results of all searches – whether default or predefined – are shown in a ‘Data Table’. Data tables support standard table controls such as:
- The data can be sorted by any of the columns
- The column order in which the data is displayed can be changed temporarily
- The column widths can be resized
The table format will go back to default values when the page is refreshed.
|Doc. Received||Date when the corresponding documentation from VROL or MasterCom was received.|
|Case Id||The unique identifier for a case assigned by OmniPay Systems. It is also a link to the Chargeback Case Detail Page.|
|Status||Current case status.|
|External Merchant No.||External Merchant Number.|
|Client||Client number (Internal merchant number).|
|Central Processing Date||Central processing date of the latest incoming transaction for the case.|
|Kind||Transaction kind abbreviation of the latest incoming transaction for the case.|
|Card No.||Card Number. Masked.|
|ARN||Acquirer Reference Number. It is also a link to the Chargeback Case Detail Page.|
|RC||Card network reason code.|
|Reason Code||Reason code description.|
|Case Priority||Priority of the case category.|
|Netwk Sett Amt||Network settlement amount of the latest incoming transaction for the case.|
|Netwk Sett Curr||Network settlement currency of the latest incoming transaction for the case.|
|Local Amt||Settlement amount expressed in the institutions local currency.|
|Local Curr||Local currency associated with the local amount.|
|Work By Date||The date by which a case should be actioned.|
|Due Date Countdown||The countdown to the due date, that is, the number of days left to the due date.|
|Due Date||Case due date.|
|Posting Date||Posting date of the latest incoming transaction for the case.|
|CCN||Chargeback reference number.|
|Assigned To||Chargeback user name assigned to the case.|
|Merchant Name||Merchant Master DBA name.|
Capture method of the original presentment.
For MasterCard e- commerce transactions, the following descriptions are shown:
|Last Merchant Action||Last merchant action taken on the case.|
|User Merchant Action||User who performed the last merchant action on the case.|
|Custom Data||The custom data reference that has been entered in the 80byte file.|
|Transaction Date||The presentment transaction date.|
|Merch Tran Ref.||The presentment original merchant reference value.|
|Merchant Funding Currency||The currency in which the merchant was funded for the presentment.|
|Merch Funding Amt Gr||The presentment amount gross in merchant funding currency.|