This plugin requires WooCommerce to work. Please install WooCommerce before proceeding.
This plugin has been tested by Trust Payments to ensure compatibility with the latest WooCommerce installation version using the default Storefront theme, with the assumption that no other themes or plugins have been installed. Please be aware that when using our plugin alongside other third-party themes or plugins, it is your responsibility to ensure you thoroughly test your configuration to ensure correct operation.
We recommend setting up two instances of your WooCommerce store - one for staging and the other for processing live transactions - and configuring them in the same way. This will help you to perform tests before applying updates going forward. Click here to learn more (link to external site).
The Trust Payments WooCommerce (Payment Pages) Plugin is a hosted e-commerce solution that can be easily integrated into your website to provide a comprehensive checkout experience.
- Integrate your Trust Payments account with the WooCommerce store.
- Allow customers to checkout using credit and debit cards.
- Support of Saved Card functionality, using Tokenisation for security.
- Allows admin to easily track the transaction history.
- Allows logged in customers to pay using credit/debit cards saved on their account.
- Allows logged in customers to manage their saved payment card(s) on the My Account page.
- Allows admin to perform payments from the WooCommerce admin interface (MOTO).
- PayPal, Apple Pay and Visa Checkout are supported.
- Download the latest WooCommerce (Payment Pages) plugin. Click here (link to external site).
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New Plugin > Upload Plugin.
- Select the WooCommerce Trust Payments Gateway plugin file from your computer.
- Upload the file.
- Click the “Activate” button, or navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins > Activate the Trust Payments gateway plugin.
Configure your settings
To configure the WooCommerce Trust Payments Gateway plugin, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Trust Payments.
When getting started, we recommend first setting up the plugin on your staging store by following the instructions below. Once you have completed testing, you can replicate much of this configuration on your production store.
You will need to change the following settings:
Ensure you save your changes when done by clicking “Save Settings” at the bottom of the page.
This check box must be ticked to use the Trust Payments option on your checkout.
Enter a title for the Gateway to be displayed on the checkout page.
Enter a description of the Gateway to be displayed on the checkout page.
- Site reference
Insert the site reference provided in your Trust Payments Welcome Email. Please use your test site reference (prefixed with "test_") on your staging site and your live site reference on your live site.
This is used to configure the plugin to connect to the appropriate platform for your account with Trust Payments. Select either EU or US.
- Payment Choice Page
If enabled, the customer is prompted to select their preferred method of payment prior to entering their payment credentials. If disabled, the customer is immediately prompted for their card details.
- Use iframe
If enabled, the payment form is displayed in an iframe from within your WooCommerce store. If disabled, the customer is redirected to Trust Payments to complete the payment. (Apple Pay and PayPal via Trust Payments are not supported when iframe is enabled)
- Iframe height/width
The width and height of the iframe (if enabled), in px or %.
- Perform Back-Office Operations
Enabling this option will allow WooCommerce to directly interact with the Trust Payments API. This allows you to update orders and perform refunds from within the WooCommerce admin interface.
- Webservices Username
Insert the WebServices username provided in your Trust Payments Welcome Email.
- Webservices Password
Insert the WebServices password provided in your Trust Payments Welcome Email.
- Site Security Password
Site security is a Trust Payments feature that protects payments from modification from unauthorised third parties. In the interest of security, this feature is required. To enable, you will need to enter the password previously agreed with the Trust Payments Support Team.
The Trust Payments Support team may ask for confirmation of the site security fields. These are as follows:
When applying bespoke mark-up to customise the appearance and layout of your checkout, specify the profile here. The default stprofile options:
- default – standard layout
- st_paymentcard – dynamic card preview (shows address)
- st_paymentcardonly – dynamic card preview (hides address)
- st_cardonly – static card image (hides address)
- st_iframe_cardonly – no card image (hides address)
- 3D Secure
You must enable 3-D Secure using this toggle.
Click here to learn more about 3-D Secure.
- Saved Cards
This allows your customers to save credit/debit cards to their account for future purchases. Before this can be enabled, you will need to enable Perform Back-Office Operations in the plugin, and then contact the Trust Payments Support Team to request Account Checks are enabled using Enhanced Post.
- Webservice JWT Username
Insert the Webservice JWT username provided in your Trust Payments Welcome Email.
- Webservice JWT Secret
Insert the Webservice JWT secret provided in your Trust Payments Welcome Email.
- Maximum Saved Cards
The maximum number of credit/debit cards the customer can save to their account.
- MOTO Payment
Enable or disable Mail Order/Telephone Orders.
- Settle Due Date
The date on which funds are to be transferred to your bank account following authorisation from the issuing bank. Can be delayed for up to seven days.
If you have problems redirecting the customer's browser back to your store following checkout using our hosted Payment Pages, follow the steps below:
- Following installation, the plugin should create a page that you will need to check. Start by clicking "Pages" from the navigation panel on the left.
- Click "Edit" for page "TRU//ST Payments". (You can search for this page if you are unable to see it immediately).
- On the right, expand "Template" and ensure "Default template" is selected.
- When done, click "Update" in the top-right.
If you need assistance when configuring the settings described above, please contact our Support Team.