The following documentation only applies to transactions processed using TRU Connect with TRU Acquiring as the acquiring bank.
There are two ways to view the results of checks performed as part of the TRU Fraud Check service:
- Sign in to MyST and view details from a web browser.
- Configure a URL notification to automatically send this data to your server whenever a transaction is processed.
Read on to learn more.
Sign in to MyST with a role that is permitted to view transactions.
- Select “Transactions” from the left and then “Transaction search“. Perform a search for recent transactions and click a transaction reference displayed in the results table.
- OR; type in the full transaction reference into the universal search, at the top of any MyST page.
If the transaction is shown in red as a “Failed transaction” (with error code 60107 “Invalid process – Fraud risk”), this indicates a “DENY” response was returned by TRU Fraud Check and the transaction was cancelled due to a perceived high risk of fraud.
Then click the “Related” tab at the top of the page. From here you can select the TRU Fraud Check request (as shown in the screenshot below).
The “0 – Ok” next to the TRU Fraud Check request indicates the request was processed successfully, NOT the outcome of the check. For example, in the screenshot below, “0 – Ok” is displayed despite a “DENY” response being returned.
This will open the details of the request in a new tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click “Risk decision” to view the results of checks performed.
You can configure a URL notification to automatically send TRU Fraud Check data to your server whenever a transaction is processed. To do so, you will need to sign into MyST with a user that has the required role to configure notifications in the Rule manager:
- Sign in to MyST.
- Search for your sitereference using the search box found at the top of the page.
- When viewing your site details, click “Rule manager“.
- Select the action type “URL notification” from the drop-down and your browser will be redirected.
Create a new URL notification rule:
- (A) Click “Add new condition” and create a condition that filters on Requests “RISKDEC2” and Error codes 0.
- (B) Click “Add new action” and specify the endpoint for the URL notification. We recommend that you include the following Fields that are specific to TRU Fraud Check:
fraudcontrolreference, fraudcontrolshieldstatuscode, rulecategoryflag
- (C) Using the drop-down boxes, assign the condition to the action and click “Create rule“.
- Ensure the rule is active (this is shown with a tick under the Active column). Once enabled, the rule will be applied to all transactions processed using the selected sitereference, and the URL notification will be triggered whenever the RISKDEC2 request (for TRU Fraud Check) is performed.
All new rules should be created on your test sitereference and tested to ensure they work as expected before being added to your live sitereference.
- You must configure your system to respond to all URL notifications received from Trust Payments with an HTTP 200 OK response. For example: “HTTP/1.0 200 OK”.
Your system must reply within 8 seconds of receiving a notification.