Pre-auths allow you to reserve funds in advance of a future transaction. During this time, while no funds have actually left the customer's bank account, these reserved funds are unavailable to the customer for other purchases.
The instructions below are for adjusting the amount of a pre-auth that has already been processed.
- Tap Menu icon on screen
- Select Adjustment, Enter new total amount, press
e.g. If decreasing the pre-auth value from £100 to £50, enter the Adjustment value as 50.
The ability to increase the pre-auth value (e.g. from £100 to £125) (AKA processing an Incremental Auth) is not currently supported by all card schemes. Click here for the latest info on POS features supported by the different card schemes.
- Enter Auth code from original Pre-auth receipt, press
- Enter Sequence number from original Pre-auth receipt, press
- The Pre-Auth is re-issued and the terminal prints a receipt
- Once complete please dispose of original pre-auth receipt (as it is no longer needed)