You can perform updates on a pending transaction (settle status “0”, “1” or “2”) using the “Update” option.
This functionality is only available to those with the following user roles:
How to perform an Update
1. Select transaction(s) for update
Select “Transactions” from the left. Perform a search and then click a transaction reference displayed in the results table to view further details.
2. Select the action
Click the “Update” button displayed near the bottom of the page.
If there is not enough space to display all options, these will be combined into a single “Actions” button. Click to expand to view all options.
3. Allowed and Disallowed transactions
If successful, the page displayed will be pre-filled with details inherited from the selected transaction(s).
You should check the “Summary” table at the top of the page, which displays the number of selected transactions that are “Allowed” and “Disallowed”. Disallowed transactions are not suitable for the desired action and are not displayed on the page.
This can occur for a number of reasons. We recommend checking the following:
- Ensure the request type of the transaction being updated is “AUTH” and settle status is NOT “3”, “10” or “100”, indicating settlement has been completed. (Settled transactions cannot be updated)
- Some Alternative Payment Methods (APM) do not support updates. Please refer to our documentation for Payment Pages or our API for further information about a given APM.
4. Fill out the form
Check the values displayed on-screen and make any necessary adjustments. You can update:
- The Settle amount. This value must be equal to or lower than the amount initially authorised by the issuing bank.
- The Settle due date. Note that transactions are typically cancelled automatically if not settled within 7 days of authorisation. This limit is extended to 31 days for pre-authorisations.
- The Settle status. This determines whether the funds are permitted to settle in the next settlement batch. Click here to learn more about the settlement process.
You click the “+” icon on the left to expand the form and display additional information about the transaction that is being updated. If needed, you can also specify a new order reference here for the given transaction.
If you have selected multiple transactions for update, and need to change all of their settle statuses to the same value, you can use the “Options” area that is shown towards the top of the page:
When you are ready to process the request, click “Update” at the bottom of the page.
If you update a transaction to settle status “3”, the transaction is permanently cancelled, and cannot be updated at a later date. The funds reserved on the customer’s account will be released at a future time as determined by the issuing bank.
Any transactions that have not settled after a certain period following the authorisation are regarded as cancelled by our system, as the authorisation code is no longer valid. This is usually after 7 days, but can be extended to 31 days if using pre-authorisations.
You can also configure your own system to process transaction updates by interacting directly with our API. Click here to learn more.
Handling the response
If the action was processed successfully, you should see a green success message at the top of the page. For each row under the “Successfully Processed Transactions” header, you can click the “+” icon to view the full response for each action processed.
A summary table will also be displayed at the top of the page, counting Success and Error cases.
If errors have occurred, the transactions you attempted to action should remain on screen. Check the error code and message for further information on the nature of the problem. In some cases (e.g. a field error), you can correct a mistake on the form and resubmit. Invalid fields are highlighted in red. Ensure you click the “+” icon on the left as the field that is causing the error may be hidden.