You can request email notifications be sent to customers following transactions on the Payment Pages. These are sent to the email address specified in the billingemail field. They are configured to be sent to customers following payment, summarising the transaction and acting as a receipt of payment for their records. By default, they look like this:
Configuring customer email notification
It is simple to enable email notifications on a transaction-by-transaction basis. For requests where you would like to receive customer email notifications, you will need to add the following fields to your POST to the Payment Pages:
<!--Sends email confirmation to the customer, following successful transaction:-->
<input type=hidden name="ruleidentifier" value="STR-2">
<!--Sends email confirmation to the customer, following declined transaction:-->
<input type=hidden name="ruleidentifier" value="STR-3"></code<
- All emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email notifications for successful transactions have the subject: “Successful transaction processed”.
- Email notifications for declined transactions have the subject: “Transaction declined”.
- If you are translating your Payment Pages by specifying a custom locale in the HTTPS POST, the content of the customer email notification will also be translated.
Customer email notifications are only sent when the following criteria have been met:
- The rule has been configured and activated on your site reference.
- The billingemail field must be submitted in the HTTPS POST, or entered by the customer on the Payment Pages.
You can customise the appearance of email notifications:
- Specify the information to be displayed.
- Use HTML to completely redesign the layout of the email.
You can use the MyST Rule Manager to perform advanced customisation:
- Configure additional email rules that have more specific conditions.
- Specify the reply to address and the subject.