The Vega 3000M terminal supports GPRS and Wi-Fi connection. If a SIM card needs installing:
- Power the terminal off
- Remove the rear cover (two clips at the top)
- Insert the SIM into the SIM 1 slot at the lower right corner (follow the insertion profile shown by the slot
- Re-attach the cover (ensuring the clips are snapped into place)
- Power up the device
- When prompted, type in the APN "Mobius.m2m" using the keypad.
- Once done, press the green button on the keypad.
To switch between GPRS and Wi-Fi, select “Menu” > “Network settings” (or “Quick Menu” > “Network”), then press “Change connectivity” and select the required type.
When internet connection is established the icon is shown. If the connection is lost the icon is shown.
Correct setting of the internet connection is essential to verify the “Handshake” function selected in “Menu” or “Quick Menu”. If handshake is approved the internet connection is established.
Wi-Fi connection setup
To connect to a Wi-Fi network:
- Switch connection to Wi-Fi
- Select “Menu” > “Network settings” (or “Quick Menu” > “Network”), then “Settings”
- Select required Wi-Fi network from list of available networks
To enter the password, press the numeric keypad keys multiple times to scroll through the characters displayed on the key (similar to mobile phone keyboards) and press the green OK button to submit.
Do not select “Factory reset” as this could render the terminal inoperable.