Why should you upgrade from version 1?
All businesses within the EEA (European Economic Area) are mandated to use 3-D Secure version 2 when processing e-commerce transactions, as part of the PSD2 mandate.
- The v1 library will no longer be actively maintained and deployed with the latest security patches
- New features - such as Google Pay - will not be implemented for v1
- By utilising the default payment form rendered by the v3 library, the customer card details won't be posted to your server, resulting in less stringent self-assessment criteria for PCI DSS.
What functionality is available in version 3?
Version 3 at its core is designed for performing Customer-Initiated Transactions (CIT) that are authenticated using Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
- Processing e-commerce (ECOM) card payments with EMV 3DS (3-D Secure version 2).
- Processing payments with supported digital wallets:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Processing payments with Zip.
- Scheduling a subscription following EMV 3DS-authenticated payments.
- Enhanced fraud analysis and screening tools provided by TRU Fraud Check (supported for merchants with a Trust Payments acquiring account).
- Performing Address Verification Service (AVS) and security code checks.
- Tokenisation of cards.
- Accompanying the payment with other secondary requests (e.g. Account Checks).
- Card payment form customisation.
- Multi-language and custom translations.
- Call-back trigger following payment form submission.
- Official Web framework support (Angular JS, Vue.js, React JS).
- Native iOS and Android application support (React Native).
Other functions are performed using our Webservices API
- Merchant-Initiated Transactions (MIT) / Customer Not Present (CNP) transactions
- Refunds and payouts
- Payments not using Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
- Transactions queries and updates
- Supported Alternative Payment Methods (APM) (e.g. PayPal, Alipay & WeChat Pay)
- Incremental authorisations