This aims at making it easier to add products to the customer's basket using the mobile app, when your business sells a large variety of goods. Instead of having to scroll and search through all products to find the one to add to the basket, you can narrow the search to categories such as “soft drinks” or “burgers”, etc.
To complete this process, start by adding a new product using the mobile app:
- Select “Product Catalogue” on the home screen.
- Press the "+" icon in the top right of the screen.
- Enter all relevant details for a product.
- Select “Category” and “Add category” if a new category is needed.
- Once created, you can use the menu to add the new product to the category (any previously-created categories will also be shown here).
- Select “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
To then add an item into the basket on the mobile app using the new category:
- Select “Catalogue” on the home screen.
- Select the drop-down labelled “All” in the centre of the top of the display.
- Select the appropriate category. This will filter products displayed by said category.
- Add the chosen product to the basket using the "+" icon under the listed product.
- Once all required items have been added to the basket, select the button at the bottom of the screen showing the overall price of the basket.
- Confirm details on screen and select “Card”.
- The transaction is then sent to the terminal where the customer can insert/tap their card to complete the transaction