We recommend that you clean your device regularly. Using terminal wipes and card reader cleaners maintains performance and prolongs equipment life.
- Avoid directly spraying the terminal with cleaning fluids.
- Wring the cloth or wipe to ensure it is not excessively wet before cleaning your device. This is to ensure no liquid droplets are left on the surface of the device.
- Extra care should be taken around areas where moisture can enter the internal machinery, such as charging ports or other openings, as this can damage the device.
- Before cleaning, read the manual enclosed with your device. The warranty of your terminal can be voided with the use of certain cleaning products.
- Ensure the device is turned off and unplugged.
- Clean the terminal carefully with a cloth or wipe, one surface at a time. Focus your attention on areas that are often held or touched. If a surface gets too wet, wipe with a dry cloth immediately.
- For the Chip & PIN and magnetic swipe slots, use a cleaning card as recommended by manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once finished, wash your hands and turn on the device.
Running low on supplies?
Click here to go to our store where you can stock up on wipes and card reader cleaners.