There are a number of simple steps required to link your Trust Payments and PayPal accounts.
- To add PayPal, you will first need to have a PayPal Business Account. If you do not already have a PayPal Business Account, click here to get started.
- Contact your Trust Payments account manager to enable PayPal on your account.
To ensure there are no interruptions to PayPal transaction processing on your site reference(s), you must inform Trust Payments of any changes to your PayPal account email address. We will update your Trust Payments account with your new credentials.
There will be no additional fees for performing PayPal transactions through your Trust Payments account. However, standard PayPal transaction fees will apply.
Steps to follow
- Sign in to PayPal with your business account and click “Profile and Settings” in the top-right of the page.
- In the left menu, click “My selling tools“.
- In the Selling online section, click “Update” next to “API access“.
- On the API access page, click “Grant API permission”.
- Enter “paypal_api1.securetrading.com” to grant the necessary permissions to Trust Payments.
- On the Add New Third Party Permissions page, please grant the following permissions, and click “Add” when you are finished:
- Use PayPal Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
- Authorise and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results.
- Accept or refuse a pending transaction.
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction.
- Use PayPal Express Checkout to process mobile payments.
Once you have completed the steps above, you will need to contact our Support Team and provide your PayPal username, to allow PayPal to be enabled on your Trust Payments Site References. This is required before you can start processing payments with PayPal.