The Custom Dashboard provides a powerful and intuitive tool to view recent transaction history on your site reference(s), allowing you to specify the graphs and metrics displayed and to rearrange them by dragging and dropping into place.
Required user roles
Basic user, Developer 2, Site admin, Site user, Site user 2, Transaction admin, Transaction admin 2, View only transactions, View only transactions 2, “View only transactions, fees and merchant statements”.
How to access
The “Dashboard” page is shown on sign in (You can get back to this page at any time by clicking “Dashboard” on the side-bar). The Custom Dashboard is the first view you will see when you go to your "Dashboard". But you can always switch to this by selecting "Custom Dashboard" from the drop-down in the upper-right.
The interface is highly flexible, offering the following features:
- Add panels to provide additional data or remove panels that you no longer need.
- Rearrange panels by dragging and dropping them anywhere on the page, allowing you to customise the layout to your liking.
- Add multiple views and instantly switch between them by clicking their tabs at the top of the page.
- Enable mobile view for easier reading on mobile devices.
How to enable new Custom Dashboards
We are starting to roll out our new customisable dashboard.
Click to here for instructions on how to enable.
To change the site reference used to render the graphs displayed, click the site reference box along the top of the Custom Dashboard and select one or more of your site references, then click "Change site".
By default, your Custom Dashboard will have a single tab called "Weekly". The data shown in this view is customisable (you can even rename this tab to something else if you prefer). If you would like to create an additional view, click the "+" icon next to the tab, and you will be prompted to choose the graphs you would like to populate it with.
You can rearrange tabs by clicking and then dragging them to a preferred position. The first tab on the left is always the view shown when the page first loads.
You can perform actions on tabs by first selecting the desired tab by clicking it, then clicking the icon to view a list of options.
- Add Panels - This will display a prompt that will allow you to add new panels of data to the selected view (charts, graphs and other metrics).
- Reset - This will reset the Custom Dashboard to its default layout, removing all customisations and additional tabs.
- The icon will temporarily rearrange the panels displayed into a single column layout, ideal for browsing when on a mobile device. Clicking this again will revert the layout back to the regular appearance.
- Change layout - This allows you to lock panels in the selected tab into a column view, to make it easier to rearrange and align your panels. By default, this is set to "Free-form", but this can be changed to any value between 1 and 8 columns of data. (Note: This change only affects the tab you are managing. Other tabs will retain their layout settings)
- Rename tab - You can give the selected tab a more suitable name.
- Remove tab - You can remove tabs that you no longer need.
The Custom Dashboard displays data for the selected site reference(s) using individual panels, that can be added, removed, re-arranged and configured as needed. Panels can display useful metrics, such as statistics, charts and graphs.
To add panels, click the icon next to your selected tab and then "Add Panels". You will be presented with a list of all supported panels, along with an explanation of how they operate.
You can filter the list to display only the panels you are interested in by typing into the "Find" box in the upper-left. You can also sort the panels displayed in the results by using the "Sort By" drop-down in the upper-right.
To add a panel, click the green "Add" button. Panels you have already added are shown with the label "Added". Click "Done" in the lower-right to save your changes and the view will reload to show all new panels added.
Panels can be rearranged by clicking and dragging them to a preferred location. Each panel has a icon in the upper-right, which you can click to view options that can be performed.
- Edit - This will allow you to adjust how the selected panel works. Typically, this will contain options that allow you to change the timeframe used to retrieve the data displayed (e.g. Weekly or Monthly). Ensure you click "Done" to save your changes (or the cross in the upper-right to cancel).
- Rename - Allows you to provide your own name to be displayed at the top of the panel.
- Remove - You can remove panels that you no longer need. (Remember, you can re-add panels at any time by clicking the icon on the selected tab, then "Add Panels".)